BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 14, 2011

Life Is Short

Informal Theme #2
Blog #2




            “Life is short.” Three simple words but difficult to explain. I never really understood the meaning of the sentence until Mrs. Mildred Atendido opened my mind to her thoughts. During the eight months I spent with her, this quote is the one that retained most in my brain. But how short is short?

            The average life span of Filipinos is 71.38 years (as of 2010). Generally, we exist on Earth for about two billion seconds. Is that amount of time enough to find our happiness? Definitely not. With the tasks we are to accomplish, billions of seconds cannot sustain such accomplishment.

            Once again, Ma’am Maye inspired me to do my best with my studies. With the little amount of time God had given us, we should make the fullest of our capabilities. Management of time is also necessary to fulfill our desires. We all know that one day, we wouldn’t exist here anymore and inevitable death will come to get our souls. Every beginning has an ending so we must be prepared to expect that moment in time.

0 comments: