BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas in the Philippines


Informal Theme #10
Blog #10


            After celebrating my last two years of Christmas with my family overseas, I finally get to taste the local celebration here in our country! I may not be able to receive gifts or money this Christmas, but hey, Christmas is all about giving and I’m fine with that. Christmas in the Philippines is quite different from the other countries of the world. With our rich tradition in this festivity, this might be the best Christmas in the planet. It is the most awaited celebration and happiest event in our country and also the time of the year when families get together, especially when family members from overseas come home with lots of gifts, exchanging gifts and the family feast highlight the most loved celebration.

            I have to say, Christmas abroad is not fun at all! Besides not having the rest of the clan around, other countries usually don’t celebrate Christmas that much compared to our country. We hopped in our car, get to see the Hundred Islands in Pangasinan, tour around Baguio for one more time, visit my relatives (which I last saw when I was 7 years old) in Cabugao, Ilocos Sur (my mother’s hometown), and have a short but memorable trip to Paoay Church and Laoag City, Ilocos Norte. The best part of my Christmas vacation is when I got to celebrate it with my relatives from my mother’s side.  I got to see my grandpa, aunts, cousins and folks.

            The clan from my mother’s side is quite poor compared to the state of my family, so I was very happy when we parted P 10, 000 among our relatives. It is a great feeling for me, and also for my family, to help them have blissful lives. My grandpa and Tita Edith’s family also promised to visit Cavite probably during the summer, and that really had my hopes up. I really enjoyed this Christmas vacation since I learned so much. We may celebrate Christmas in other countries these coming years, but as of now, I would never be able to forget the Christmas I had this 2010.



0 comments: